The Board has an independent Chair, supported a Business Manager and Administrator & Coordination Manager.
The membership of the Board consists of senior representatives from statutory and voluntary sector agencies, in accordance with Working Together 2015.
- Bournemouth Borough Council
- Borough of Poole
- Dorset Combined Youth Offending Service
- Dorset Healthcare
- South Western Ambulance Service Trust
- Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS England
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dorset Police
- National Probation Service
- Community Rehabilitation Company
- Poole Housing
- Bournemouth Housing
- Bournemouth and Poole College
- Lay Member Representatives
- Faith Group Representative
- Voluntary Sector Representative (EDAS)
Elected councillors from both Boroughs attend as participant observers not as members of the Board. Membership is reviewed annually.
School representatives are in included in the Board’s work through the Safeguarding in Education and Early Years sub-group.
The LSCB is also part of wider partnership arrangements and works closely with the Children’s Trust, Health and Wellbeing Board, Community Safety Partnerships and Safeguarding Adult Board. Protocols for these partnerships can be found here.
The Board delivers its work via a number of sub groups, as shown in the organisational chart below:LSCB-Organisational-Chart-2017-18.pdf (575 KB)